Come enjoy dinner and a milkshake, support your local boy scouts, and spend some time with family and friends. 10% of all purchases made during the event from 4-10pm will be donated to Boy Scout Troop 157 — No flyer necessary.
September 23 – 24 (Saturday and Sunday) 2017
Parade from thrall Park towards armory turning onto highland Avenue finishing at Wallkill veterans Wall near Maddy’s diner
All boyscout’s should be in attendance in class A uniform, unless you are in a marching band.
Hosted at Applebee’s in Middletown NY on October 29th.
Tickets are $6 at the door, so remind your friends, family and neighbors to come show their support!
Proceeds from this fundraiser go towards funding summer camp in 2017.
The new Cub Scout adventures program coming in June. Some big takeaways Den leaders need to know
1. The new Cub Scouts program is more active for boys, and will make sure the boys are really connected with Scouting and with fun.
2. Immediate recognition is a hallmark of the new program, and will be easy to award and easy to wear.
3. The new Den Leader guides are incredibly detailed, and the activities are well mapped out etc.
4. Pack meeting plans will include more interaction between Dens.
5. Transition: It’s easy. The new program curriculum is designed to pick up where the old one left off. So moving from a Wolf to a Bear for example is just a matter of stepping into the new program. No need to worry about redoing assignments, or catching up. Starting on June 1st, if you are a new Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or starting the Webelos, just use the new program materials.
6. Getting parents involved. Den leader materials have been developed in great detail. Everything is in one place, which makes it easy for all parents to get involved.
7. Dealing with change: We want the boys to have a great Cub Scout experience, that’s what it’s all about. With this new program, there is more potential to connect with boys while using upgraded materials.
8. Strength through simplicity: Advancement is streamlined. Seven adventures produces a rank advancement. Leaders can now have something that puts everything all in one place. The new program materials are designed to be easy to use for leaders, and a lot of fun for the boys. Again, the Den Leader Guide is the ONE place for everything you need to offer a great Scouting program.
10. Stay informed: as the new program continues to roll out, stay in the know by checking Scouting.org/programupdates frequently.
In the end, we know that boys deserve a program that is fun and full of adventure, and that’s exactly what Cub Scouts is. We look forward to seeing how these new adventures in Cub Scouting will continue to help young men be prepared. For life.
A great guide for properly maintaining your camping and backpacking gear
Hosted at Applebees in Middletown NY on December 13th.
Tickets are 5$ and pre-sold as well as at the door.
Proceeds from this fundraiser go towards funding the years activities.